GBS St.Gallen offers its students a wide range of possibilities to participate in international projects.
Mobility program GBS (individual student exchange)
GBS St.Gallen is cooperating with more than 15 schools all over Europe in individual exchange programs for vocational education and training. VET-Students of GBS St.Gallen have the possibility to participate in short term internship programs abroad and GBS St.Gallen offers its European partner institutions from all over Europe the possibility to pass short term internships up to six weeks in St.Gallen. We are committed to a close collaboration with a lot of companies in the different occupations in eastern Switzerland to realize on-the-job learning combined with school education for our guest-students.
- AarhusTECH, Denmark
- Artevelde University College Ghent, Belgium
- BBS Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- Borgarholtsskóli Reykjavik, Island
- Careeria College Porvoo, Finland
- ETIC - Escola de Tecnologias Inovacão e Criacão, Lisbon, Portugal
- GBS St.Gallen, Switzerland
- Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam GLR, Netherlands
- GRADIA, Jyväskylä, Finland
- IES Escola del Treball, Barcelona, Spain
- IES Puerta Bonita, Madrid, Spain
- Institut Pere Martell, Tarragona, Spain
- Newcastle College, Great Britain
- NEXT uddannelse, Copenhagen, Denmark
- ROC Horizon Alkmaar, Netherlands
- Taekniskolinn, Reykjavik, Island
- TECHCOLLEGE, Aalborg, Denmark
Commercialpolis (strategic partnership project)
A project about Commercials in new media. Creativity is increasingly perceived as a strategic driver for economic growth and a real asset for improving competitiveness in a knowledge-based economy. The Creative Industries are knowledge and labour intensive and foster innovation, so the sector is perceived to have a huge but largely untapped potential for generation of employment and export expansion (CIGN, 2015). Not surprisingly, the creative industry is recognized as a high growth sector in the EU and its member states.
Storytelling is increasingly recognized as a key discipline and activity to bring ideas to the market and to build customer loyalty. As a result, both new media storytelling and new media advertising (e.g., mobile advertising, leveraging social media, creating viral videos) have become an inclusive part of a new marketing strategy, presently barely covered by the existing curricula in many schools. The way of storytelling in commercials, how they are produced and distributed with all the technical possibilities the sector provides, evolved profoundly to meet changing consumers preferences and needs.
The main goal of the «Commercialpolis» project is to improve existing curricula to include the techniques of storytelling. For this purpose the project partners develop two toolboxes to professionalize and trigger students and educators (RIGA communiqué), to meet the following strategic objectives, recommended in the Strategic Framework ET 2020 to member states:
- improving the quality and efficiency of education and training;
- making lifelong learning and mobility a reality;
- enhancing creativity and innovation, including entrepreneurship, at all levels of education and training.
THINK!digital (strategic partnership program)
THINK!digital is a project to that supports the process of successful innovation in VET within the innoVET-Network.
With this network
- we share experiences for developing innovate strategies in VET including the fusion of digital services and education regarding all stakeholders
- we provide our experiences of using digital services, tools and software to each partner
- we build competences to make innovative learning and teaching possible (teacher academy, digital skills framework)
- we create new ways of learning with the tools of the future
- we want to support the process of sharing success, failures, strategies, struggles, questions and solutions (digital ambassadors, e-tutors, supervisors, ...)
- we want to implement benchmarking visits, one week teacher academies and sharing platforms (e.g. products of office 365)